Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Weekend Treasures

A weekend with family. You appreciate it so much when you have it so seldom.
Grandkids bring the most laughs, but daughters and sons-in-law give good hugs as well!

We had lunch with each couple, fell asleep watching TV, enjoyed visiting the newest family to the Northwest -- Larry's brother Tim, and then chased the (little) boys. It was Ian and Luke at the park, Ian and Luke in the backyard, Ian and Luke at donuts. Here are pics of a previous Sat morning donuts.
You can see this is serious business with the boys -- and for Emily it was donut #2. Emily wasn't present in Nampa, but can chow down with the best!
One of the highlights of a visit is seeing the new depths of their thinking -- and talking. Following are a few of MY "Favorite Grandkids' Sayings":
1. Little brother to BIG brother: "Ian, you go timeout!"
2. Ian: "Leave me alone!" Lukey: "But I luz you!"
3. Grandma: "Shall we make a river here in the sandbox?" Ian: "OUR Mom says NO WATER in sandbox!"
4. Lukey, in bedroom for diaper or shorts, he pulls out rocking horse to show Grandma. We play a minute, and Grandma says, "OK, let's go." Lukey: "...pu' back", and he puts it back into place.
5. Ian, delivering loud howl, to which everyone turns with fear! "What's wrong, Ian?" Ian: "My twain fell off the twak!"
6. Ian: "O, look, Lukey, a bug...(watching back and forth movement for 3-4 minutes)...see, he's coming for my foot." (still interested) (SMASH!) "He's gone." (end of story!)
7. Ian: "Papa, your hair is too long. You need a haircut."
8. Ian building in sandbox, Grandma sitting, leaning on one hand, building w/other. "No, Grandma, two hands!"
9. In car, both boys singing "Wheels on the Bus" w/ Grandma. Grandma honks horn w/ 2 hands. Ian: "NO, one hand to honk."
10.Ian and Dad up ahead. Lukey: "I cumin', Dad. I cumin', Ian." (translated, "PLEASE wait for me!)

1 comment:

joy said...

We had such a wonderful weekend with you as well! I can't wait for the next. I got your email about the dates. Let me know if things change. I think I can probably do that time.