Monday, March 10, 2008

Gramma Linda Notes

My greatest joy these days comes from watching children "get it". I love seeing my grandkids have fun with "Papa Larry" or with each other. I love seeing a first or second grader respond to love and cooperate with instructions. I even love watching a middle schooler try to play games with the teacher, with that half grin in one eye, watching to see if you'll let him through the loophole he wants to convince you exists. Of course, it does not. He just likes to play the game.

I also love to encourage people, help them feel good about what they have contributed, or what they have to contribute in the future. What we least need is guilt about mistakes in the past, and as I have learned to forget and forgo that baggage, I want to share my new finds with others, especially the people I love.

Today I need to "work". Do life. Pay bills and do laundry. Go to a couple of appointments. Set a couple more appointments. But I want to come home and do some fun things before bed that will refresh me for getting up and encouraging people as I do life, again, and again, and again.

My mama has been gone for a year now. She taught me how to sew, and I love sewing more than anyone I know! My mama taught me to do the job right, make it look good both inside and out. Mama had started to quilt, and now I am starting to quilt. I've saved a few of her dresses to make some inspirational quilts. And quilting is the fun I want to come home to!

Life is hard, way too busy, and often full of people who don't want to take time to care or encourage. I want to be different. I want to have fun and be fun. Whether I have 50 more years, mobile or immobile, or whether things don't go at all as I'd like, Lord, I want to be a joyful person!

Hope you make today a good day too! If you get too tired, cancel an appointment and take a break!

Blessings!

1 comment:

joy said...

Good for you! I bet you will enjoy doing this! Hope you are feeling better. You sound better.