Monday, May 18, 2009

IF I COULD SHARE A MESSAGE WITH THE WORLD

If I could share a message with the world
Is profit more by pen, the smile, the touch?
Would I convey more passion through my words
Or through a smile and prayer shared at a lunch?
Which messages do we most easily hear?
The passive, or the painful thumps?

If I could share a message with the world
Perhaps I’d choose to do it just through you.
I’d tell of hopes and dreams now unfulfilled
But heights I’ve climbed and awesome vistas viewed.
So many unexpected joys, once lived
Show open doors ne’er glimpsed or hope pursued.

‘Tis ordinary days that yield these sites
And ordinary folks these porters be.
A simple “welcome, friend” the vessel’s ramp
That carries me to new sights unbelieved.
Great lives forever yearning, dreaming, yet
Awaiting faith on sweet words blessed with peace.

So hopefully this message to the world
Is passing now from friend to foe anew;
That life is lived in ordinary fields
That border heaven’s meadows with earth’s dew,
Reflecting every longing soul’s heart cry,
Met with each two-world glimpse of glory’s view.

No comments: