Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Again! It takes Time!

Life has been so far removed from what I thought it would be at this stage. I thought it might be bor-ing.......and I would do project after project. HA! "How are you doing with the empty nest?" someone asks. "Well, we aren't home to find out!" Since Lora married, life has been too much to do, too little time, too little sleep, too much forgetting, too much we want to forget!

But St. Francis of Assisi's prayer brings it into focus. He said,
"Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sew love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair; hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.

O, Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
It is in dying that we are born
TO ETERNAL LIFE!"

Well put, St Francis. You remind me that this is not all there is. The bumps and bruises will heal, most quickly, most easily, most sweetly, if I give what I would like to receive; if I pray for others when I yearn for someone to root for me; if I reach out when I feel more alone than I can stand.

Because Life DOES rebirth itself! It comes around.

Life takes ...... Time!

No comments: