Sunday, May 4, 2008

... one more thing to slow us down.....

The house next door finally sold last fall to some young guys the ages of our kids. They are fixing up to flip -- GREAT! Last night they had a party -- we weren't invited, but could have stepped right in because we could hear it all. Those dear young men don't realize their neighbors are the ages of THEIR parents, and we all go to bed at 9 and DON'T sleep through parties! At midnight I heard one guy tell the group that a lady had already called and said they were too loud (someone beat me to it!) -- nobody listened. About 1 am one car -- with a, no doubt customized and LOUD, muffler, left! (I had THOT I was back to sleep) At about 2 another left, and maybe another hour later a third car. Maybe it was the same car coming and going, but it was all LOUD! I couldn't yell at the guys, but I think I'll fix them LOTS of yummy brownies, and go tell them a story.....

Today we skipped church and went early to work in the lab. First we picked 20 flowers off of 40 trees = 800 flowers. Then we went back to the lab and started pulling the flowers apart. We'd finished about half of the flowers when I left at 3 pm. Larry and Janet are on their own now 'cause I have to be rested to teach tomorrow -- first graders! After Larry and Janet finish dissecting all those flowers, they plan to plate -- or mark HUNDREDS (yes, I mean hundreds) of plates with the infection which we sprayed onto the flowers on Friday. After THAT is done, they will go back out to the orchard and spray more infection. I don't think there are enough hours in this day to get it all done.

I CAN'T FIX ANYONE. Therefore, only God can give Larry wisdom as well as strength. They are both almost as tired as I am. I am not getting paid, thus I can refuse (really?) to do the work. I just feel terrible to not be able to help them, but I can't do that and be ready for tomorrow.

Who knows? Maybe the crunch will force him to re-think the plan and come up with a better one!

Signing off........zzzzzzzzzz...........mmmmmmmmmmm

No comments: