Wednesday, May 7, 2008

To Be or Not To Be!

Sub PERKS
1. "Who wants to kiss the teacher?" (1st)
2. "You get the FUN award!" (1st)
3. Lots of Hugs at recess
4. "You remembered names pretty well." (with surprise!) (4th)
5. "Teacher, will you draw me a flower too?" (5th - making Mothers' Day cards)

Sub CHALLENGEs
1. "Who wants to sit facing the board?!" (today, 5th)
2. "OK, you two, up here, NOW."
3. to the student sent to the wall 2 periods in a row, (a gentle) "Who are you mad at? Students or teacher?" (nothing but tears.... and later cooperation!)
4. REG TEACHER: "Now this child has bathroom challenges.... I give him a wink...."
5. 4 Kinders telling me how to do, 5 more talking, 2 boys wrestling in center of the group, and we're supposed to be in library 10 minutes ago! (K)

BALANCE?
1. " 'Sup?" (student's approach!)
2. I can turn ringer off!
3. No lesson plans or meetings.
4. I don't have to fix things or people, just get through the day.
5. I appreciate the REG teachers!

No comments: