Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I'M EXCITED!

Yes, I am! We're going on a trip! And even tho this trip (like always!) involves Larry's work, we'll have days to just play, laugh, have dinner, smile, remember, wish for kids and grandkids.......

We began planning early in the year for this trip, and that I would go along, that this would be the trip to make up for the 25th and 30th anniversary presents we didn't get to give each other. It was supposed to be Hawaii, but ...... well, maybe 35th!

Today I pruned 3 bushes in the back -- because he doesn't have time! I won't attempt to prune the junipers because he has his own way, but the holly, ornamental crab, and forsythia were monsters this year!

My sample quilt for our church project (quilts for the homeless) is done. A friend will meet and advertise while we are gone, and we'll work with volunteers to make 10-12 in a few weeks.

I've contacted moms to learn which Disney characters are grandkids' favorites right now. We'll be taking pictures with Wally & Eva, Mr. Incredible, Ariel and Tinkerbell -- if we can find them!

I need to make some more applesauce or else get more apples in the old frig. Even drying them would be good, but the drier takes so long.

Tomorrow I should deliver some donations, ask the neighbor to watch the house, wash the rest of the clothes.

His work continues to take every moment that I don't ask him to do something else, but I'm accepting it. God knows. God allows. God has a plan. I don't like this stage of the plan, but I'm not God, am I? so live with it, Linda, and be thankful!

So I thank God tonight for 3 daughters who are happy with us and a husband who grins at me when I get excited.

3 comments:

joy said...

I'm excited for you guys! Go have a great time!

Christie said...

Hey Lindie Lou!! Have a great time!! Is there room for me in your suitcase?

Tami said...

I assume your trip is somewhere in California or Florida if you are meeting all the Disney characters...enjoy yourselves!

I am due in mid June and we are very excited to find out what this new little family member will be!