Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A New Day

OK, so anyone can say, "it's a new day!" So what? What does that mean?

For me it means I have another chance to clean up my house, to get my bills paid, to finish a project(s) I've not yet completed.

It also means I can work on my attitude (always a work in progress). I can look for new ways to support a discouraged co-worker or friend. I can pray for wisdom for someone who is struggling. I can reach out to people I care about who are "drifting" without purpose to their lives.

Those are things I CAN do. Many things I cannot -- yet they still afford me hope.

Somebody bigger than me can fix things -- or help me be happy in a broken situation.

Somebody bigger than me can calm my fears -- and help me rest well through the night.

Somebody bigger than me can speak to someone who wouldn't be ready to listen to even a good friend.

Somebody bigger than me can make me feel valued when my husband teases -- but didn't know I wasn't in a teasing mood.

Today is a new day! I want to see what it holds.

No comments: