Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Another thanks

Today I'm SO thankful for God. That someone is always listening (sorry, Larry), always understands (sorry again) and cares for me way more than the little birds that fly across my path and leave their marks on my clean car. Can you imagine that the Creator and Intellect of the Universe actually cares for those little creatures? That he cares enough to provide instinct for their homebuilding, feeding, and protection of their own families! Oh, how much more he cares for me.

He cares for my headaches.

He cares for my concern about my appearance (degenerating as the 50s can do!).

He cares for my sleep issues (and provides friends that care too!).

He cares about my mistakes, when I wish I had waited for a traffic light, or not pulled out in front of another driver.

He told me to learn from him. To forgive others, to imagine how they might feel, that they might likewise regret mistakes they've made.

We're all stumbling along together. Even the wisest among us. Even the one we think never makes mistakes. Even the one we think thinks he/she never makes mistakes.

Sometimes it takes me longer (than other times) to see my own mistakes.

God, help me be gentle with everyone. Sometimes firm, but always gentle, loving, grace-giving....like you do for me. Thank you -- SO MUCH -- for being gentle with me!!!

No comments: