Thursday, April 23, 2009

My Cost

http://www.myutmost.org/04/0423.html

I just read Oswald Chamber's message for today, 4/23. It rather hit home.

I have a job, a calling, a commitment. It is challenging, some days worse than others, and I've often wondered how much I can take, even how much I want to take.

Chambers' perspective takes me back to not only my focus on God, but my privilege as his child: I don't have to be responsible for the outcome! When it hurts and I remember he is hurting even more, I need to remember it isn't my work. Uh, DAH! I don't understand the big comprehensive plan. I see things as looking good or bad today. He sees today and tomorrow and yesterday affecting each other, and having a more detailed outcome than I imagined. I get so hung up on only what I can see and understand. I care, and it hurts!

But when I see a price tag, I guess I'm not really reading it right.

No comments: