Friday, June 12, 2009

It is -- but it's not

http://www.ourprayer.org/connect-with-God

Everything around me -- it is my responsibility to affect, to manage, to care, to empathize. But it's not my problem when I've done what I can and seemingly change hasn't come. It's God's problem. It's his world. I don't believe he snapped his magic wand and said, "it's great!" and then floated off, only to peek down and frown or smile once in a while. I do believe that he's in constant contact with anyone who wants to place a call -- and makes lots of unsolicited calls to aware and unaware humans to show his deep love and concern. I believe he injects himself daily into common occurences, from falling rain to the rise and fall of rulers. I believe he grows us, and sometimes flattens us. All because of love.

The word "discipline" has haunted me lots lately. (Comes with the idea of weight loss.....)

By origin, I think it means to do what it takes to be a disciple, not punishment that comes from the one modeling for the disciple.

Thus the link. I think this is the road to discipline. Inviting, rather than scary.

1 comment:

joy said...

Good job with your layouts! It looks like you got it all figured out! HOpe you guys have a wonderful time!