Monday, September 20, 2010

The Busyness of Slowing Down







Still crisp mornings but no frost yet for a while. I harvested my herbs Saturday, and now have intense concentrated smells in different places in the house. Chives on the dining room table, oregano hanging from a pole downstairs -- and parsley still waiting to be cut. Basil holds its aroma till it is crushed. Ummmmm.

More TTD today than I can touch, let alone finish, so I want to be smart about what should be first, and so on. The best thing for me first, is to think about the list, think about others, and talk to the Big Guy about all I care about that I can and can't affect today.
You may be on my latter list. Those I can't touch but I care about. I think about people on that list as I make my applesauce, put away my fabrics, fold laundry, or even spread my mulch.

You are important because I've been where you are and know the stress of caring but being too stretched.

You are important and I care for you.
But the One I talk to cares much more, and knows how to help.

Hope you have a great day, a wondrous fall, knowing that those who aren't close by wish they could be, and wish they could help, and are always pulling for you.

May the God of Peace give you strength and joy as you carry your load, and the assurance of his constant presence and care.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you :)