Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Prize or the Price

OK, picture this!

Twenty squirmy-wormy, squiggly-wiggly kinder-bodies, slithering across the gym floor, all hunters on a 15-minute safari .... that was supposed to have been PE class..............

Lesson plans weren't working. Half of the class was either pouting, crying, pushing or bouncing, and the other half would very soon be lost .

I went for follow-the-leader. These little guys are so green! I never know if they understand English, and I forget their names from one week to the next. But with follow-the-leader, it's mostly the same kids that continually need to be re-aligned ... and easier to remember 5 names than all 20.

We started out as whinnying horses ... then headed back to the "group space" watering hole.

Next we became trumping elephants ... and regrouped at the watering hole.

Then we were leaf-eating giraffes, and roaring lions!

And finally the hunters ... stalking the prey ... with just a few minutes till we needed to line up..........

Mission met! Task accomplished! Safari a win!

Yes, I was leading the tromps through the "jungles" along the basketball lines! I was trumping, and roaring, and they were following! And when we became the hunters, one little guy fell to his belly, with a "this is how they do it!", and everyone else dropped .... except the Teacher-Grandma, who crouched on two legs, "glistening" with exertion.

That was the prize! Price? I was wiped out ..... till I got my diet coke!

1 comment:

joy said...

wish you were here too. Desparately wish.

boo to waiting. :)