Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Moving Back IN!

Tonight SHOULD be the night! Wish it were a daytime move, but a long evening is the best we can do. Cords to upload pics of our "new home" are still packed, so JUST WAIT!

Last night Larry was just too tired to move furniture despite the riveting anticipation. Our bedroom is ready, but he wasn't. He'd had a long day at work, and I'd had a short night before. It's amazing how tired we both are of the process.

The bedroom is ready, but Larry's office and my workroom yet need trim paint, outlet plates, doorknobs, new door hinges, new door paint and some touch ups before we can move in furniture. (Ooops! there's cleaning needed too!) I'm learning to do quite a few things for myself! Bill even showed me how to install the smoke detectors that have set in the box since we bought them 4 years ago!

But we're so grateful for our house, upgraded or not. We're grateful for space, and privacy, and climate control, and ownership. We're grateful for a dependable contractor who is also a trustworthy friend, who worked us into many of his busy days. We're grateful for years of pinching that paid off a mortgage early so we can now afford the remodel. And we're grateful for a grace-ful Creator who has picked me up each time I've been about to blow, and kept Larry from saying things he might have regretted when he didn't understand my frustration....... Remodel is tough, especially when you're living in it. But we still love each other!

Tonight we'll have a new floor, access to our dressers, and more of our clothes (of those I find on the first-day-back), and our very comfy queen bed -- THANK GOD! after 3 months of elbowing each other all night long. Whenever any of you visit us, we'll henceforth be extra thankful you are willing to be with us at the cost of suffering cramped night quarters. Oh, we're so spoiled!

I watched "Home Makeover Edition" on Sunday night, with the tv crew rebuilding and furnishing a home for a family of 13, 7 of whom were Haitian orphans adopted by a young Ohio couple. Sounded like our cramped life had been their norm, compounded by Mom's ongoing illness after 3 strokes and liver disfunction. I've never been more moved by the contribution of the crew, sponsors, and team players recruited for a project. Even the local university was enticed to bless all the children with full-ride scholarships.

I'm thankful once again for what I have! I'd still be OK with a smaller, less improved place, as long as I could keep it clean and neat, and maybe someday that will be my lot. Whatever! As Larry has said, this is just temporary.

So thank God for TODAY! For health and strength, for inspiration and friends, for hope and opportunity! Time to go bless someone else!

1 comment:

Donavon said...

Have you moved in yet?! Need any help? I'd love to offer a hand if you haven't moved in yet?