Monday, November 2, 2009

It's ONLY the World!

I'm so excited with the message of this song by Mandissa! I listened to the words on the radio as I was crossing the Blue Mountains Friday afternoon. Don't get me wrong, but I've never really been excited about Heaven before. I believe that God wants to give us the glory of his Presence, and the blessing of his strength and power while we are still here on earth. So why are we aching to escape our miseries when the eternal existence of people we care about is at stake?! There are soooooo many people who don't have a clue as to the HOPE and JOY and PEACE we can know with a relationship in Jesus. No preaching intended -- this is where my passion is. I haven't wanted to leave earth till these can understand the safety in Christ.

But this song has really pushed my buttons! Yep, it's been long and hard lately, and Yep, I still want to keep at it for the sake of these people I love. One has just found me on facebook and been writing back and forth every day this past few days. I want to be an encouragement to everyone, but some days I just feel like crawling under a rock and shriveling up.

There are two ends to this emotional tug-of-war. Man, Life has been hard -- but IT'S ONLY THE WORLD! It's temporary. Something much better is just around the corner. The song says, "ain't no way I'm giving in" -- that uplifts and encourages me to keep on!
Hope it likewise encourages you to remember -- IT'S ONLY THE WORLD!

http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/m/mandisa26648/onlytheworld1287582.html

(PS. This "http" line is called a "link". Click on it and it will take you to another web page where you can click on a "u-tube" video and hear the song sung, also see the words.)

No comments: